It's nearly time for the FINAL!
Sunday 14th June at Riverhouse Barn - all welcome to come and watch, listen and support!
The British Harp Chamber Music Competition 2015 comprises four separate competitions, as there are two age groups (Over 18 and Under 18) and two categories within those age groups:
The two Harps Only competitions are for ensembles of 2 or more harps. The Mixed Ensemble with Harp competitions are for ensembles that include harp as part of a mixed ensemble of 2 or more players.
Please do not be put off applying if you are very young within the Over 18 category, even if you are still at school. There are many people in the same situation and you will gain valuable experience - andif you make it to the Final, you get to perform alongside other great musicians, in front of a panel of world-class musicians, plus you're in with a chance of winning a prize and you will certainly get an exciting goody bag!
BHCMC 2015 is in two stages
Online registration via this website, see Apply page, followed by submission of an Entry Form and CD recording (Under 18, 5-8 minutes; Over 18, 8-12 minutes) that will remain anonymous during the selection process. Results will be announced by the end of April. Thank you for your patience.
Final - Sunday 14 June 2015
Riverhouse Barn, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey
The BHCMC Final is a day of adjudicated chamber music performances, open to the public. Under 18 groups will perform for 10-15 minutes and Over 18 groups for 15-18 minutes.
4 Girls 4 Harps very much hope that the competitionFinal will be a concert, rather than just a competition!
1. Submit an online Registration Form on this website.
2. The main contact of the group will be emailed confirmation of registration and instructions about paying the entry fee (£25). Ensembles will also be emailed an Entry Form and a unique number at this point, with which to label their CD recordings before sending them in. AMENDED Deadline for entries (including CDs) is now Wednesday 25th March 2015. You need to register using the online Registration Form, then a further form will be emailed to you and then you can apply formally and send off your CD, which must reach us by 25th March - this is an extension to the previous deadline, due to popular demand.
3. The CD recordings will be adjudicated by harpist Helen Sharp (Harps Only) and flautist Lisa Nelsen (Mixed Ensemble with Harp). Up to 5 ensembles from each category will be selected as Finalists. Results of the Preliminary Round will be announced by Wednesday 8th April 2015 ( since extending the deadline this may have to go back a few days).
4. Successful ensembles will submit their programmes for the Final, which can include some or all of their Preliminary Round programme. Adjudicators: Paul Patterson (composer and Chair of the Jury) , Lucy Wakeford (harpist), Jonathan Rimmer (flautist) and Kerenza Peacock (violinist).
5. The Final is at Riverhouse Barn, 9am to 10pm on Sunday 14th June 2015. Under 18 competitions will happen in the morning from 9am to 12pm. Over 18 competitions 1pm to 6pm.
4 Girls 4 Harps Recital 8pm
As the four Adjudicators deliberate, 4 Girls 4 Harps will perform a short recital, including their latest commission by four female composers: Alissa Firsova, Nicola LeFanu, Savourna Stevenson and Ayanna Witter-Johnson.
Results and Prizegiving
The Adjudicators return to give their results. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes will be awarded in each of the four competitions.